[Trisquel-users] Formatted PC - Concern pilots and NordVPN!
p***@mailoo.org
2018-12-06 09:37:11 UTC
hello with all and all

(request for assistance on Trisquel Fr, helped by several members but
galley!)

Following a Coarse error of my share, I resigned myself to format my PC!

The concern met is the following:

- Impossible to use my helmet without wire JBL, which functioned front?
Untraceable Bluetooth pilot?
https://www.amazon.fr/JBL-Harman-T450BT-Supra-Aural-Pliable/dp/B01M6WNWR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538132629&sr=8-1&keywords=casque+sans+fil+jbl

- Does NordVPNs' install but refuses the Web? Front Ok? Firewall? Am I
subscribed and did the application function very quite front?

thank you for the assistance to come

good day

(and of course mercies with Magic Banana, Laurent, Uboot for their
assistance:
https://trisquel.info/fr/forum/soucis-apr%C3%A8s-formatage)
l***@dcc.ufmg.br
2018-12-06 11:22:57 UTC
Summing up for those who have trouble understanding pyrotrisquel's English,
pyrotrisquel faces two problems he was not facing before his reinstall of
Trisquel:

his Bluetooth headset, JBL T450BT, is not detected anymore;
he cannot access Internet through NordVPN anymore.

Although I personally have experience neither with Bluetooth headsets nor
with NordVPN, I made pyrotrisquel install the latest Linux-libre kernel, the
"gnome-bluetooth" and "pulseaudio-module-bluetooth" packages, and test
whether the problems occur as well on a live Trisquel 8 system. All in vain.
s***@disintermedia.net.nz
2018-12-06 13:05:21 UTC
Does NordVPN use OpenVPN? I used to be able to use ExpressVPN on my AA1
laptop, on both Trisquel 8 and Trisquel 7. About a month ago, this stopped
working on Flidas. I spent many hours on chat with their helpdesk people
trying to get it working again, including connecting directly with OpenVPN,
but to no avail. Curiously, it still worked on Belenos for about a week,
until I installed some updates, and then it stopped working there too.

ExpressVPN officially support Ubuntu 16.04 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and claim
they've had no report of similar connection problems from Ubuntu users. They
also support Debian, and similarly claim none of their customers using Debian
have had these problems. If this is true, it suggests that a) the problem
lies in some subsystem that is different in Trisquel from either vanilla
Ubuntu or Debian, and b) it was introduced in an update to that subsystem
that was backported to Belenos after already having been pushed to the Flidas
update repos at least a week or so before.
p***@mailoo.org
2018-12-06 17:00:32 UTC
merci à vous deux, strypey & magic banana

etant encore assez "jeune" dans le monde de linux, j'ai formaté plusieurs
fois mon pc...
C'est la premiere fois que le web est "bloqué" par NordVPN, qui fonctionnait
très bien avant ?
je suivais ce tutoriel qui était parfait...
https://nordvpn.com/fr/tutorials/linux/openvpn/

--------------------------
thank you both, strypey & magic banana

still being quite "young" in the linux world, I have formatted my pc several
times ...
This is the first time that the web is "blocked" by NordVPN, which worked
very well before?
I followed this tutorial which was perfect ...
https://nordvpn.com/fr/tutorials/linux/openvpn/
p***@mailoo.org
2018-12-06 19:04:57 UTC
Bonne nouvelle même si quelque peu bizarre...

après plusieurs tests, la version "LIVE de Uruk v.2.0 en 64 bits" fonctionne
tout à fait avec NordVPN !
Il est donc possible que le souci provienne d'un défaut inclus dans une mise
à jour...

Je voulais juste vous mettre au courant, je file manger...

bonne soirée
Good news even if somewhat weird ...

after several tests, the "LIVE version of Uruk v.2.0 in 64 bits" works quite
with NordVPN!
It is therefore possible that the concern comes from a default included in an
update ...

I just wanted to let you know, I'm going to eat ...

good night